Thursday, November 18, 2010

SCRIVENER!!!!!!



Scrivener 2.0 has arrived, in all of its glory!  This software is THE BEST writing software EVER.  Bar none.  LOVE it LOVE it LOVE it!!  The reason I haven't written on here lately is because I'm spending every second in THIS SOFTWARE writing!  


I cannot even begin to tell you how intuitive it is.  It has features I didn't know I needed but then suddenly I can't live without it.  If you are writing ANYTHING, any kind of long document, this is a MUST.  I CANNOT believe I didn't have this before!!  


I found it on accident, while searching for a better way to track my daily writing goals (thanks Stephen King) and someone mentioned this software.  So I went to the website and learned that the creator, Keith from England, was a writer, struggling with the fact that there wasn't the right kind of software to support him.  So, he developed Scrivener... out of necessity, comes brilliance.  


I downloaded the free trial and within minutes was convinced THIS WAS IT.  I also loved that it is totally inexpensive- its about $50.  I seriously would have paid more.  I should be on a commercial for them.  I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE this software. 


Here is their website:


SCRIVENER SOFTWARE- Literature and Latte


And here is the link that has easy to follow tutorials that show all of the capabilities. 


TUTORIALS


It was funny because the 2.0 version wasn't out yet when I found it, and I was already soooo excited about it.  I wrote and wrote and wrote and told everyone around me all about it.  Then about three weeks later I came to do a post here, and went to get the icon for the picture at the top... and the 2.0 version had been released!  So then I abandoned my post, and spent a bunch of time on the new tutorials finding new gems that I didn't even know I needed but now can't live without!  AMAZING.  


Dear Keith,
Scrivener has changed my life.  Thank you so very much for all of your efforts in creating such intuitive software.  I will continue to spread the word about how much I FREAKING ADORE SCRIVENER.  If you ever need anyone to promote your software, you have your satisfied customer.  Seriously.  Also, I love how you say 'whilst' in all of your tutorials.  It makes me want to visit England as soon as possible.  
Thank you thank you thank you.  Brilliant software.  You have my eternal appreciation.  And from what I've read around, this is the general consensus.  
Sincerely,
Writing and Happy


As a sidenote... I probably should have mentioned this earlier, but the software was developed for Macs, but I have heard that a Windows version has either just been released, or will be soon.  So, keep your chin up, PCers.  Or, just get a Mac.  Because really.  Im a MAC.  And you will NEVER go back once you have dabbled in Macworld.


Anyway, I am such a happy writer thanks to Scrivener.  I know this is a silly post, but in all seriousness, it really has helped me organize my writing and navigate it much more effectively.  I just had to share how much it has helped me... because how did I not know about this??????


Man, this learning on your own thing is a little crazy.  But, it does allow for moments of sheer happiness, when you discover something groundbreaking.  Like Scrivener.  Seriously.  Stop reading and purchase.


Happy writing!!!
















No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails