Monday, August 20, 2012

here's how I see it: a review of "Mistborn"


Mistborn: The Final Empire (Mistborn, #1)Mistborn: The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

My review of this book will be a little mixed... I'm not one who reads fantasy very often, but this book was for our book club this month so that's what prompted me to give it a shot.  So, if I'm putting it up against all books I read, I would probably give it a 3.5, but in the fantasy genre alone, I would have to give it at least a 4 maybe even a 4.5.

I think the author, Brandon Sanderson, is a freaking genius for coming up with this plot.  I mean, it's brilliant, really.  Especially what he does with the alamantic metals and their powers, I am very impressed.  The character development is fabulous and I really could picture everything happening in my head, as well as the layout of the world he created.  Brilliant.

Really my only complaint with the book is that I feel like it's too long, so consequently I found myself alternating between being really engaged and then losing interest.  I feel like I would have enjoyed it more if he cut it down and just kept the best of the best.

So overall I'm going to give it a 4, after taking everything into account.  If you love fantasy, I would definitely recommend this book!


View all my reviews
dizzylittlechatgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails