Thursday, January 13, 2011

word count ~ 2000



Feeling good, feeling good.  I have hit my goal every day so far:

Jan 10: 2006 words
Jan 11: 2093 words
Jan 12: 2570 words

The first day I hit it pretty easily.  The second day was rough.  But a day like that is exactly why I need a word count because when I pushed myself I FINALLY got it.  Granted, it was 10:30 at night.  But I got it. Yesterday I had my 2000 by 11am.  So it just kind of depends. I decided to tell family and friends about my commitment and that has really helped.  I didn't do that before because I think I was afraid that I would have to REALLY do it, no matter what.  So, once I got out of my own way... things are going nicely.

I am trying to read a lot lately, which I really believe helps with my writing.  I read a large variety of genres and authors, and that helps a lot too.  I'm in a book club and this month's book is Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen, which surprisingly I haven't read and I'm excited about.  I have also started next month's book, Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare because I am moderating next month, so want to be ready.  For my psychological thriller, I'm reading Thr3e by Ted Decker.  

I also try to watch good movies, and I find that I pick up on different things from doing that.  On Sunday my husband and I watched The Godfather.  I hadn't seen it, which is unacceptable.  Fantastic movie, of course.   I'm excited to see the next two.  Yesterday for my lunch break, I watched "The Machinist," with Christian Bale.  I can't believe how much weight he lost for the part!   Holy hell, he was skin and bones- literally.  Crazy movie!  

I swear its good for me to be exposed to a lot of books and movies while I'm writing.  Yes, for my job, I get to read lots of great books and watch movies, all in the name of research. :)      

A MONTH OF OBSESSION... continues.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails