Friday, March 29, 2013

here's how I see it: a review of The Fault In Our Stars


The Fault in Our StarsThe Fault in Our Stars by John Green
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I think everyone should read this book!  It was the perfect mix of emotion- a serious topic intermixed with a witty, sarcastic teenager's voice, who might be falling in love and is just trying to breathe.  This book was so easy to fall right into, where you feel like you just know Hazel Grace (because how can I call her anything else after hearing Augustus Waters say her name that way?).  It pulls at all your heartstrings- as a teenager wanting to be normal and experience love, as a mother wanting to protect and comfort your child, and just as a human not wanting to be sick or lose people you love.  There were several times in this book where I would well up with tears and laugh out loud all within a few sentences of each other.  I think I read it in two days, it was such an easy and compelling read.  This is a great book for anyone, as there's no way you won't be touched by it.  This is going to be my go-to recommendation for a while!  I loved this book and kind of feel like Hazel... I might track down John Green to find out what happens to Hazel Grace  :)



dizzylittlechatgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails