Monday, February 8, 2010

Free.. at long last....


Monday, Monday.... you've never looked so good! Normally on mondays Im preparing for a series of meetings in which I will most certainly become numb and antsy... and be thinking, ITS ONLY MONDAY. I HAVE SOOOOO MANY MORE DAYS BEFORE THE WEEKEND. I AM GOING TO DIE.

But.....

I resigned from my day job!

I am going to write full-time! I cannot even begin to tell you how thankful I am for this amazing opportunity. These last few years have been really hard for me, and NOW it is all going to pay off! Here are some things you will NOT find me doing:
  • Answering to anyone but myself
  • Sitting in mmmeeeeeeeeeetttttiiiinnngggs
  • Getting dressed for work- all conservative (aka booorrrriiing, and not so cute)
  • Maintaining a CONSTANT high level of stress
  • Giving up things that are important to me
  • Waking up in the middle of the night in a panic that I did not do something vital
  • Trying to maintain professionalism whilst dealing with people that are.... what is a nice way of saying sometimes my boss was an ass?
  • Doing a million variations of paperwork paperwork paperwork
  • Missing my girl's games/recitals/projects/laughing
  • Trying to get ahead only to realize I am trying to run up a downward escalator
Here are some things I could be found doing at any given moment from NOW on:
  • Making a hot cup of coffee in the morning and chatting with Hubby before work
  • Writing with my laptop.... at the window seat, on the couch, at Starbucks, in my big comfy chair, at the beach, in my kitchen nook, on an airplane, in my backyard, on vacation... how much to I LOVE my mobile office???
  • Cuddled up with my dog whilst reading to keep up on all of the different genres, keeping my mind always nimble and soaking up new things
  • Lunching with friends... and reconnecting with people I love
  • Spending time with Hubby. I cannot even tell you how much I love and adore this man
  • Working out- P90X Im back!
  • Smiling. All. The. Time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails