Wednesday, July 7, 2010

goodreads?? how did I not know about this??


Hello there!! So its the summer and I haven't been on the computer much! I have done lots of fun things with the girls, been on some trips, painted some new pieces, contracted and FINALLY got rid of a three week flu, and been outside a bunch.

Last night I went to book club, totally unprepared. I actually hadn't even bought the book!! The summer days have just slipped by!! Anyway, I really enjoyed listening to them discuss the book, even though I hadn't read it. It reignited my desire to READ, so THANKS Kelly!!

I also was introduced to GOODREADS! I CANNOT believe I had not done this site before!! It just allows you to show what books you have read and rate them- and then to see what others recommend. It's like a bookreader's facebook cuz you can see your friends and stuff. So I put in all of these books I've read and looked at what some of my friends recommended. It's a great site! Seriously, I am floored at my out-of-the-loopness.

Anyway, sign up! It's a great site and Im really excited to pick out some new books to fall into! This will be a much better way to do book reviews!!

I have been feeling stagnant in my book for the last month or so. Hubby started reading it and gave me a bunch of feedback so I am working through that right now. Feedback is kind of hard for me... Im a little too sensitive for my own good. I think at first it always makes me feel bad, and I try to defend why I did something that way I did. But after a little while, I start to try to take the suggestions and address them.

I had wanted him to read it for a while and give me his thoughts, because I think I am so involved in it, I may not see things clearly. And I just wanted someone else's opinion, to kind of make sure Im on the right track... or at least a track that is interesting. :) So I am going to try to rededicate to writing every day. I really do want to make some headway on it this summer!!

soooooo..... Im off to work on it!! aaannnnddd them Im going to take the girls to the POOL! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails