Saturday, July 17, 2010

where are my freaking sheep??


Here it is, a beautiful saturday morning. I stayed up late last night, as is becoming the norm, and so you'd think I'd at least sleep in until 8 or something... but NO... this morning I'm wide awake at 6:freaking:30. But its the kind of awake-ness that although your body is up and going, your mind is screaming 'go back to sleep, you are NOT ready for this day to start yet!'

Today is a weighted day for Hubby with his company. Well this whole week and next week are unbelievably important and its got me tied into a ball of stress. On the outside I'm maintaining composure, and on the inside, Im scrambled. I have that little "shelter" switch turned on inside where I try to make everything seem completely normal for the kids. Hopefully for them, its just another Saturday, another day of summer, blissfully stress-free.

Although one of my girls said to our dog yesterday, "Max, you have such an easy life. You only have to worry about eating and sleeping and playing." Then she looked at her sisters and said, "Remember when everything used to be easy?" I laughed and then challenged her to explain what exactly was so hard and stressful for her in this summer of friends and poolside activities. She sheepishly admitted that it actually wasn't that stressful.

I think back on times like that too when everything seemed easier. I wonder if things just seem that way as time passes, and we only remember the good things? Maybe my sheep are just hanging out talking of easier times, when the didn't have to jump. Whatever the case may be, they better get back to it soon, or I might have to light a freaking fire under them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails