Tuesday, March 23, 2010

pause button


So you know how when you are watching a movie and maybe you are too tired to make it through, or you get a phone call and have to leave, and you have to push that pause button?

Well, the strangest thing is happening since I've started writing again. I decided to begin the book from a different characters perspective, and much earlier in the story. It's like my character is an actual person. His name is Ryker, just for a little teaser. Anyway, when I started writing this part, I had a general direction of where I wanted to go, but Ryker totally took control, and led me somewhere else.

I realize I am talking about him as if he is an actual person. I know. It is kinda freaking me out because he seems like it. You know how you get attached to characters in movies or books? Well Im attached to Ryker. Which is funny because he wasn't even really in the other 135 pages I'd written. He was a pretty minor character at that point. It was all about Maya and Carter, my other two main characters.

Anyway, I was so involved with the story last night that I was writing until late at night. When I finally stopped, because I got to the end of a chapter, I couldn't stop thinking about what was happening. I was wondering what he was going to do now... like I'd pressed pause on a movie! It's so funny because I was thinking about it as if I WASNT THE ONE MAKING IT UP, but as if I just couldn't wait to see what happened next.

Anyway, Ryker pretty much kicks ass and Im so curious what he is going to do today....

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails