Tuesday, April 27, 2010

the countdown

In 13 days I will be here. The beautiful Cabo San Lucas!! I am so excited I cannot even tell you. We haven't been on a week vacation in four years! We invited a bunch of friends and it is going to be a party every day! I was reserving my excitement until I knew for sure we were going to go. Hubby has been swamped at work and I was pretty sure that we were going to have to postpone.... BUT I think since he's been so stressed, he is making sure that we take this vacation. I got really excited when he booked the plane tickets. :)

I have been gearing up for this for a while!! I have been working out and eating really healthy so that I will feel my best on the beach. I think I am the best shape that I have ever been!! I did the HCG diet (which I thought was going to KILL me, but MAN I got results and I learned a lot about the foods I eat and my caloric intake) and then I've been doing the P90X workouts with a little Turbo Jam mixed in six days a week. Sooooo Im totally beach ready! I went tanning yesterday ( I know I know... but I don't want to burn!!) and I've been having a glass of wine at night so that I have a little tolerance built up... hee hee. I'm kind of a light-weight! CABO... Here we come!!

As for my writing, it has been going well. Except for having writers block for the last few days. I have been trying different things to snap myself out of it... but Im just not sure where my plot goes from here.....

Its funny cuz as I watch movies, or read books, I have a different perspective on it now. I try to look for how plotlines are moved forward, how characters define themselves and try to figure out how the authors/writers came up with what happened next. But if you were to ask me how I came up with what I've done so far, I'd say I have no idea. I just wrote it. The characters just did things. When I'm really in a groove, I dont even feel like I made it up- its like I'm just watching a movie or something. I know it sounds nuts.

I am determined to move it forward today. Or else I will be sitting at my table staring at a blank screen for the next few hours. I will come back and report to make myself accountable!! See ya in little while!!

UPDATE: I successfully completed five pages. Not bad... wish it was more, but not bad.






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails