Thursday, April 29, 2010

writing goals

I've come across this website that has some really helpful information as far as becoming a writer.


(Thanks to Timothy Hallinan who came up with all this good stuff!!)

So after perusing the site, I decided that I am going to implement some of the suggestions. Such as:
Time/Word Count- I either have to spend three hours straight writing OR 1000 words MINIMUM a day.
In the block of time I reserve for writing, I will not do anything other than write, or sit there thinking about it. Or if I need to do some research, I will do that, but nothing else. No phone calls, no internet etc.

I read today that most books are on average somewhere between 80,000- 110,000 words. I have about 20,000 in my new version written. So I'd better keep going.

:) No time like the present....

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails