Monday, August 30, 2010

a barney-ism


August is coming to a close. Kids are back and school and Labor Day is just around the corner. September brings the crisper air, beautiful fall colors... and its back to our regularly scheduled programs to be viewed whenever we want (thank you DVR). One of my favorites is
How I met Your Mother, which the picture above comes from. There are all sorts of "Barney-isms," in fact, there is a whole book that it pretty funny called "The Bro Code" that is chock full of them. Anyway, the one above I actually think is pretty good in a strange twist. I remember when he said that in the episode and I swear I found myself thinking of it at moments when I was sad, and since it was so silly and trivial the way Barney said it... it just seemed so easy to do. Just BE AWESOME. Just stop feeling sad or frustrated or angry or whatever and just BE AWESOME. And whatever awesome is to you- just be that.

There are so many self help book about becoming a better person or attaining the things you desire the most or having a good attitude or the "secret." But this is so simple, I swear it works. It just a paradigm shift in your mind that immediately makes you feel better.

Try it. Because Barney is nothing if not honest. True story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails