Thursday, August 26, 2010

...somewhere in the middle...


When you are in the middle of a manuscript, this road sign is exactly how you feel. Everyone says the middle is the toughest. I have had some good writing days lately and am glad to be making some progress. I am GOING to keep plugging away. I am GOING to finish.

Its been almost three years since I first had the idea for this book. It has morphed and changed - hopefully in good ways- a lot since then. I had to take a break from it for almost two years while I was working full time at an exhausting job. I am still thankful every. single. day. that I am able to do what I love full-time.

I have to thank my husband for always believing in me... even when I doubt myself. He had been my rock and has cheered me on every step of the way. He has read and edited for me, and story-boarded with me. He has given me constructive criticism (yes... it was kind of hard for me to take... but it DID end up helping me see things I hadn't seen before). People can do amazing things if they have someone that believes in them. Thanks baby.

Most people think its really nice that I am trying to write a book and go after my dreams... but I don't really think they are taking me seriously. And the one and only way to prove them wrong is just to FINISH the book. For example, when I meet someone and they ask me what I do, I can't say "I'm and author" yet, or really even "I'm a writer" because I don't have anything published yet. YET. So I have to say, "Im writing a book."

And lately it's kind of sucked because of Inception, which I LOVED. Although it is NOT a similar story-line, my story also deals with dreams and the subconscious. So of course people think I got my idea from that movie, even though I started it years ago. Which shouldn't surprise me or annoy me, but it makes me feel like I'm just another person copying something... which I'm not. And, of course... the only way I can prove that is to FINISH.

So, even though I am in the middle, which is the hardest part I think, I just need to keep going. I need to remain confident that I have a great idea, and that it is going to get done.

It has really helped me to look at other writers websites and blogs. They always have lots of good tips and talk about things I am going through, and keep me motivated. I have a list of these blogs and websites on the lower right-hand side of my blog, in case anyone else would like to look.

So. I am determined to get through the middle. To finish what I started. To prove that what I am doing is legit, and brilliant.

Take that nay-sayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails