Friday, August 6, 2010

I did my best....I did my best... I did my best...


Before I launch into what Im going to write about today, I want to declare my intention for the day... this is a new thing I'm starting, which was inspired by my sister (love ya sis).

INTENTION: I will finish at least one chapter of rewrite today. The reworking process is my LEAST favorite part of writing. But, I NEED to do it in order to make it better. I've kind of been stumbling on this part lately, which is making it not as fun to work on. I just need to dig in and get it done so that I can get back to the part I really like... creating new material.

Ok, so now that my Intention is out there... I will report back tomorrow. Ok, now, back to your regularly scheduled program:

When we lived in Las Vegas years ago, my brother got me the Vicious Circle DVD by Dane Cook. I had never heard of him and didn't watch it right away. However, when I finally did, I was crying laughing with how freaking funny this guy was. His impressions were right on and his delivery was fabulous. Every once in a while, something will happen that will make me think back to some bit he did and I will laugh in spite of whatever situation I find myself in.

So lately, things have been... I'd say almost unmanageably stressful for my husband with his work. Even though I'm not directly involved, I have a pretty good understanding of the complexities of the situation. There have been some extremely high intensity moments in the last few months, where most people would have buckled. I know I would have.

Hubby has this amazing way of compartmentalizing and handling stressful situation. I do not possess this gift. I get stressed easily, which I am working on changing, and I have gotten better.

Aaaannnnyyyywwwaaay. So there have been many times over the last few weeks where if I was in his situation, I would have been THIS BIT:


Oh Dane... how I love you. Thanks for the laugh... and the truthfulness.

I did my best... I did my best!


UPDATE: soooo apparently, the youtube video I found with the clip is copyrighted?? Yes, that would make sense. I just thought it was fine if I found it on youtube, ya know? Sorry copyright law people. I didn't mean to infringe. I just wanted the peeps to be able to witness something hilarious and totally relevant to moments in life. Anyway, hopefully you will be able to find it some other way. It's pretty freaking funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails