Saturday, July 28, 2012

here's how I see it: a review of "Fifty Shades of Grey"


Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades, #1)Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

Sometimes you get suckered into reading something because of all the hype.  That's my meager excuse for reading this book... no plot, weak heroine, and seriously, Mr. Grey, I want to beat the crap out of you, except for the fact that you would like it.  The writing is... honestly, terrible.  Sorry E.L. James, but that's how I see it.

I just have to surmise that it got as much attention as it did because it suddenly became mainstream and socially acceptable to read erotic romance and so I think it piqued many people's interest because they'd never read something like that before.

And who doesn't want to feel that I-have-to-have-you-right-this-second feeling?  So, yeah, I get the allure.  But the whole... ahem.. control thing... yes, that's what we'll call it for this review, was awful.  No red room of pain for this chick.

Anastasia, you gotta speak your mind girl, and not only through email.

Christian, to quote from the only good thin Ana ever said, "you need to sort your shit out, Grey."

And seriously, if I have to hear "Laters baby" one more time... kill me now.

dizzylittlechatgirl

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails