Friday, January 18, 2013

gotta get outta town!

I've been feeling the need to get out of town!  I'm pretty sure its the time of the year for me- holidays are over, its been cold for a few months now... and I'm ready for SUN and the BEACH and SUMMER.  But, I still have... oh... at least 4 months of winter left here!

My husband found this cool website called Airbnb that features homes all over the place that you can rent out for a day or a few days or whatever, instead of hotels.  You can choose to stay somewhere that the owners of the place live and they will host you, or you can book a place all to yourself.  It looks like a fun alternative to staying at a hotel, and with a young baby, I think it would be much less stressful!  We looked around and there are some pretty cool places in really fun cities.  Hopefully my husband's interest in Airbnb will transfer into a trip!

As a follow up of my vision board for 2013, I really had a good start on it.... but my downfall was that I went with a magnet board... and soon after, my baby decided that magnets are the BEST toy ever.  And he's just so funny playing with it, that it kind of turned into his toy.  BUT I still have a picture of it in my mind and I WILL be reaching my goals this year!

I've been "reading" a lot lately... and by "reading" I mean listening to audiobooks!  How have I never thought of this before??  I just put in little ear buds in and then I can be cooking, cleaning, doing laundry, running errands, driving, grocery shopping etc.... and it all goes by SO fast!!  That's why I've had so many reviews lately!  I find that reading so constantly is really helping me with my own writing as well.

I finished a full edit on my book and I'm working on my query letter while my husband and my sister (who has written her own fabulous book!) are editing my book.  Well, my sister is... we will have to see if my husband finds time to do it before the deadline I gave him- which is the end of the month.  I really want him to read it because he's FABULOUS at catching holes in movies or book or any kind of production.  It's always interesting to hear what he thinks about a movie because he like to figure out what he would have done differently, or what character didn't work etc and he has these brilliant ideas.  So, it's both exciting, and very nerve racking to share my book.  Hope he makes his deadline!!!

That's all for now!! Hope everyone has a great day!

dizzylittlechatgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails