Tuesday, January 8, 2013

here's how I see it: a review of "The Alchemist"


The AlchemistThe Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Ok so.... it's not really THIS book that doesn't speak to me... it's just books like this in general I don't ever feel very attached to.  All of the philosophical and meandering questioning just leaves me wanting something more.  I did like the idea of a personal legend and I agree that not many people still seek to find theirs.  If they do, I agree that they encounter a lot of resistance and that it gets harder towards the end. This book does have many little one liners that could inspire discussions, so it's probably a good book club book.  I'm sure many people will enjoy it, it's just not for my personal taste.


View all my reviews

 dizzylittlechatgirl 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails