Wednesday, January 9, 2013

here's how I see it: a review of: A Casual Vacancy"


The Casual VacancyThe Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

I wanted to like this book, I really did.  But I totally didn't.  In all fairness, I am putting it down before I get to the end, although I'm not far off.  I felt like the storyline had good movement in pieces, but not enough to pull all the good segments together.  There was so many characters and I felt like I kept getting who was related to whom or what their relationships were confused, and normally I'm really good at that.  Which means, I didn't feel enough of a connection to the characters.  I feel like the idea of the plot worked, but the execution didn't.  I feel bad saying that J.K. Rowling, but that's really what I thought.  If anyone thinks I would have a completely different opinion if I just stuck it out til the very end... let me know.


View all my reviews

dizzylittlechatgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails