Tuesday, January 29, 2013

here's how I see it: a review of "Before I Go To Sleep


Before I Go To SleepBefore I Go To Sleep by S.J. Watson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Loved this book!!  Gripping, twisty and a fantastic debut book for S.J. Watson.  The premise is that Christine has amnesia, so every day she wakes up with memories starting as if she were in her early 20's, but she's 47.  At the urging of a neuro doctor, she begins keeping a secret journal so she can try to make sense of everything around her, which ends up making her question everything around her, including her husband, Ben.

I couldn't put it down!  I love all the questioning because I was trying to figure everything out along side her.  A huge portion of the book is her journal entries.  So you're never sure if she's a reliable narrator, or if what others are telling her are true or not.  I loved it!  This is one of those books you don't want to say much about because you don't want to spoil the ride for anyone else!  Just read it. :)



dizzylittlechatgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails