Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Houston... we have no problems



Change of Venue for the next few days: HOUSTON

I'm writing today from Houston Texas, where I came with Hubby for the closing on his purchase of assets from a large company here.  This is a hugely exciting deal for us and I could not be more proud of him.  He has worked NONSTOP on this for so long that sometimes I can't remember what he looks like :)

This has been an insanely uphill battle from the beginning- we are talking CLAWING our way up.  Last night I was musing about how he has made this entire thing happen out of nothing.  He has woven all of these seemingly unconnected pieces together... like a huge intricate spider web.  Seriously, it is amazing that it has all fallen into place.  I am so lucky to have such an intelligent, savvy and likable man for my spouse.  Gonna call him Spider.

Texas is BEAUTIFUL!  The city is really cool because there are all the incredible buildings but then there are these AM.AZ.ING homes- no wait- estates- everywhere with these winding roads and huge reaching trees right in the city as well!  

The humidity reminds me of when I was little, growing up in Virginia.  It's weird how just the air takes me right back to childhood!  I can hear the cicadas in the trees.  When I was little, there was an outbreak of them and they were EVERYWHERE.  Seriously, people didn't want to go outside!  I think they were the ones that only come out every 17 years or something.  If you don't know what they are...check them out here. They are CRAZY little creatures! 


Anyway, I am happy to be writing and working on my book from Houston.  It's a beautiful, sunny day and I'm looking forward to writing and then going to the pool this afternoon.  I'm reading the third book of Stieg Larson's "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest" which I am excited about.  For some reason, I can't seem to put this series down!  I have flown through the pages and I'm really excited to hear what happens in the final book.


I was saddened to learn that Stieg Larsson died from a heart attack before any of his books were ever published.  In 2008 he was the second largest selling author and was the first author to sell more than one million e-books on amazon.  I can't imagine putting in alllll the work he did- the books are all really long and very complex- but never getting to see them published.  And not only published, but they became a legendary trilogy.  

I'm the happiest girl today.  Life is good.  Not even a tiny complaint.  In fact, I am just so thankful for all of the things I have in my life. 

Thank you, Houston, for all of the good things you have brought our way.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails