Friday, September 10, 2010

the little things

It's the little things that make life so sweet isn't it?  

I had a great day yesterday writing and finished the rewrite for what I have of book one.  YAY!  Huge accomplishment.  That would be good in and of itself.

I have kept what I'm writing under wraps for the most part.  But, feeling like what I have written is pretty good, I decided to share parts of it with some of my family members.  

I do have to admit, a tiny part of me wanted to be taken more seriously.  I wanted them to believe that I am really writing a book, not just sitting at home twiddling my thumbs.  

I have never read any of it to my dad.  Well, I might have read him one part a really long time ago, but it wasn't nearly the storyline it is now.  So yesterday, I had him over for lunch (and a haircut) and I told him I was really excited to share the beginning of my book with him.   I was a little nervous because my father was an english major and is an attorney to boot.  He edits a lot of documents for a living.  Plus he is very smart, and I was a little nervous he would just tell me it was good, but not really seem like he meant it.

So I read the very beginning and he was acting like he really liked it.  He seemed to be into it, but he needed to get back to work.  Then he said that he would call me and I could keep reading the first chapter to him while he drove.  So I kept reading while he drove.

Then all of a sudden, he's like, "Oh  crap!"  I thought maybe he was hitting traffic, and was worried about getting back.  But no.  

"What happened?"  I ask.

"You have got to be kidding me!"  

"What?"

He starts laughing.  "I was so involved with your story that I missed my exit!"

:)

Such a little thing.  But it meant so much to me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails