Wednesday, September 1, 2010

skype


So I tried out Skype last night. I know... Im WAAAAY behind in technology I guess. Anyway, I "hung out" with my BFF in Las Vegas for two and a half hours! That's crazy! It was sssoooo much fun!!

Some random tidbits from our conversation that were way more fun on Skype than on the phone:

  • We made dinner at our houses together... apart. I made tacos and she made lasagna.
  • We both had wine... and Patron shots to celebrate us being in the same room... sorta
  • We both did a dance at some point.... just because we could.
  • She helped me when I got something in my eye... because if you get close enough to the camera... its like you are right there.
  • I showed her a new painting I've been working on and she was surprised at how big it is (thats what she said)
  • Our dogs all freaked out at the sound of the other dogs, but when we put them up to the camera, they didn't really get it. come on, who doesn't know how to skype??
  • The best/worst part of the conversation was when she was talking to her hubby on her phone (on speaker) and accidentally knocked her wine glass over causing it to shatter and spill red wine everywhere, which made her dogs freak out (she has 4) and then her son came in the room and we were both telling him to stay put cuz there was glass and I was just on the other side witnessing everything with my eyes all wide.
It was kind of weird to hang up and not have to clean up the wine and the glass... it felt so much like I was at her house and should be helping with it! Seriously a strange feeling!!

But, it was really fun. You've gotta try it out if you haven't. BFF and I are going to make it a weekly occurrence, which I am really excited about. We used to be neighbors, ya know, so we got used to seeing each other all the time. If only we'd known that we wouldn't always live by each other, we would have taken better advantage of it!

A toast to Skype... bringing people that are miles apart to the same bottle of wine.
(if that's not their tagline... it should be!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails