Tuesday, October 9, 2012

four things spinning around in my head...

1)  WORDS WORDS WORDS 80,000 words!  I'm over 80K in my book now, which is very exciting!!  I'm wanting it to be between 95,00-100,000 so basically I just have the END left!  My biggest obstacle right now is TIME!!  My little buddy has been sick a lot this month- I know they SAY that you can't get the flu from the flu shot, but I SWEAR he got it.  And then three other times in a month and a half!!  I am sick of the sickies!  I'm putting HEALTH vibes out into the universe right now!  Anyway, My goal has been to get a full, edited first draft done by the end of the year.  I'm really hoping I can beat it and get done sooner!   I have been working to get to this point for YEARS!  I have edited and changed and omitted and added but NEVER FINISHED!!  I have learned a tremendous amount through this process and hopefully it will show in my book!

2) HUNKERING DOWN- I'm having knee surgery on the 25th.  I've been battling knee pain for over ten years now and I'm ready to be done with it!  I'm young and healthy and active so whhhhyy should I be limited?  My knee caps are tilted, causing bone one bone irritation.  This surgery will correct the groove they move in.   Luckily it's laparoscopic, but I do have to be knocked out for it! :(  I'm doing both knees at once, which is a harder recovery... but only ONE recovery.  I'm thinking if I just hunker down for the winter months, by next spring I should be good to go!!  Wish me luck!!

3) MY ROLE AS A STEPMOMMY  My three girls live about 1/2 away from me and consequently we do a LOT of driving to see them.  It's recently become very apparent that we need to be closer to them.  It's such an important time in their life and they really need the influence of their daddy more often than they are getting it.  One of them for sure would come live with us and the other two are saying they would, but we would have to see how that plays out.  Moving from where I live to where they live is NOT something I want to do!  There is a long list of reasons, but they really just boil down to me being selfish.  And as their stepmom, I have a responsibility to give them the very best living conditions and opportunities that I can.  So.  I think we might be moving.  Before my surgery.  Please refer to item #2).... Sometime before the 25th.  Today is the 9th.  Awesome.

4)  FALL  I can't even tell you how much I love the fall!  We have been doing all sorts of fun things for the season.  Tons of yummy fall meals, pumpkin picking, carving, costume halloween parties, decorating, festivals, scary music and of course scary movies!! I LOVE the fall!!  My little boy LOVES elmo... so here's a picture of his pumpkin I carved for him this year.



What's spinning around in your heads?  What are your favorite FALL traditions?

dizzylittlechatgirl

2 comments:

  1. What?!?!? You can't move! I'm just sayin' I loved everything else about your post, though, except for you having to have knee surgery. No fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kkknnnoooowww!! It's not set in stone, but I feel like it will happen sooner or later.... my girlies need us down there. Don't worry though... no amount of miles will break apart our group, as evidenced by one of us 2200 miles away! :) Thanks for the concern! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails