Tuesday, October 30, 2012

NaNoWriMo

I did it.  I signed up for NaNoWriMo!  In case you don't know what that is, its the National Novel Writing Month and basically you have to write 50,000 words of a new novel in the month of November to "win."  Check out the website for all the details and to register... only one day left before we begin!

I have always wanted to participate, but haven't ever done it!  Since I'm nearing the END of my current novel, I'm feeling like I should give it a try!  My plan was to finish the end of my book before the end of the month and then give it out to a selected few for their take on it while I give it a break for a month.  Then during that time, I would begin something else.... haven't decided if I want to jump into the second book or if I want to try something totally different out... still chewing on that one.  

But I just had double knee surgery and so my progress has been slowed.  Or rather stopped.  Here it is one day before the end of the month and I should be in the home stretch!  But I still have three chapters left.  So I'm going to give myself a break and just try to finish as soon as I can, given my circumstances.  And in the meantime... I registered to do NaNoWriMo.  

I have two sisters that are doing it too, so that makes it even more fun!  I'm excited to be inspired and doing something at the same time as so many others!  There are lots of helpful tips from other authors and perks of finishing.  There are also local write-ins and things like that to help.  Plus, if you submit the final book, there are agents looking for that next best seller!  Anyway, after reading this post, it got me all inspired, and so I'm doing it!  

So, check it out!  JOIN ME!!  Let's be NaNoWriMo-ers together!

dizzylittlechatgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails