Saturday, October 13, 2012

here's how I see it: a review of "Gone Girl"


Gone GirlGone Girl by Gillian Flynn
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Gone Girl is a devious, crazy, twisted ride, and I couldn't put it down!  Seriously I think I read it in three days.  I loved Gillian's writing-it was so descriptive in this crisp and raw way.  I loved having the two character viewpoints because- for the first half anyway- I could see both perspectives clearly and understand where they were coming from, pulling me back and forth from one side to the other.  I thought Gillian nailed Nick's viewpoint, making him a solid character that felt so real.  Then the second half of the book.... holy crap!  Let me just say I didn't see anything coming and I was riveted by all the twists.  This story is dark and messes with you head, like a car accident you can't look away from.  When I said it was raw, I think that's a perfect way to describe it, raw language, raw descriptions and raw subject matter, so its not for the delicate of heart.  It's been a long time since I've read something I couldn't put down, so if you're looking for a page turner and are ready for a crazy ride, this is it.  I will definitely be picking up her other books.


View all my reviews
dizzylittlechatgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails